Ahmad possesses a vast range of experience in both in-house and private practice across the UAE and MENA region. He has extensive experience in corporate matters such as mergers, acquisitions, corporate governance, compliance and restructuring.
In addition to his excellent command of employment-related matters, Ahmad’s knowledge of the industry makes him a recognized legal expert in the drafting of negotiable contracts. In recent years, Ahmad has focused on personal status matters for local of expat nationalities. He holds an expert understanding of local laws relating to personal status laws.
- NYIT - Jordan: Masters in Business law (2007)
- University of Bristol – UK: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (2001)
- Amman Baccalaureate School – Jordan: International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) (1998)
SELECTED EXPERIENCE (since 2001)
- Partner at Hamdan AlShamsi Lawyers and Legal Consultants handling contentious and non-contentious matters. Responsibilities included corporate acquisitions, corporate related contracts, civil and criminal cases and personal status complaints.
- Regional Counsel for United Technologies Corporations (UTC) Carrier, Otis and Fire and Security Divisions. Responsibilities included handling all legal matters related to the GCC’s joint ventures and local distributors (from compliance to contractual obligations and negotiations).
- Associate at Ince & Co. entrusted with the establishment and registration of corporate entities in the UAE.
- Associate at Al Tamimi & Co. dealing with the establishment and regulation of financial institutions in the UAE regulated by the UAE Central Bank and the Emirates Securities & Commodities Authority.
- Associate at Ali Sharif Al Zubi Law Firm tasked with review and preparation of legal due diligence reports for major acquisitions.
- Served as counsel at Hikma Pharmaceuticals entrusted with listing the company on the London Stock Exchange.